09 Mar Covid-19 Protections Still in Place
As the coronavirus pandemic continues to shape the way we live our lives, we wanted to assure you that we are continuing to maintain all the home health care safety protocols that we put in place in order to ensure the safety of your loved ones without sacrificing the quality of the in-home health care our Babylon based agency provides.
Our home healthcare infection control practices include:
- The proper use of all personal protective equipment (PPE), including gloves and face masks.
- Frequent handwashing following CDC guidelines regarding the use of soap and water
- Proper use of hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes
- Proper disposal of any items that may potentially be contaminated by the virus
We are also committed to ensuring the health and safety of our home health care aides.
We are very proud of all the people who work so hard to make Friends for Life a trusted home health care agency. They have remained on the job throughout the pandemic, doing the essential work of keeping those trusted to our care healthy and safe during these challenging times.
- All of our staff members are required to take a COVID-19 test that shows they are free of the virus before they are given a case.
- We are strongly encouraging all of our people to sing up for the vaccine if they have not already been vaccinated. We have been making sure that our staff members have the solid scientific information they need to make an informed decision about the vaccine. We are also helping them to identify a vaccination site in a location that will be easy for them to reach.
In the coming months, we expect that our staff will be fully vaccinated!
We have made it this far by pulling together and focusing on our mission to provide you or your loved ones with the very best in-home health care in New York. There is a light shining at the end of this very long tunnel and we will reach it – together!